Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Am I an idiot?? Or merely ambitious?

Not only did I already have 2 unfinished projects (one of which was done (!!) until I went to block it and found a huge hole. I dismantled the whole damned thing and am starting from scratch. Sigh…), but I had to go and start yet another wrap!!

I seem to be obsessed with wraps lately… They’re easy and I love to try out new stitch patterns on them, but with their width and length so (preferably) long, it seems to take forever. Especially when trying to knit around my kids, my husband and the seemingly endless laundry! Know what I mean? But the absolute repetition is what soothes my frantic soul. Especially a simple one row repeat. I know that sounds absolutely dull to those of you out there who also enjoy knitting, but I am pretty new to this and once my fingers have memorized the pattern, the entire wrap is time for my mind to relax and drift…….. Plus, even with Southern CA being so unusually cold this winter, it’s rarely cold enough where a simple wrap won’t do the trick. And a wrap dresses up a simple tank and jeans like nobody’s business - especially when made by the wearer!! I don’t know about you, but I never feel as beautiful as I do when either pregnant (ha, done with that!) or wearing something that I have created.

My other favorite things to make are bags. The first one started as a fluke. I was a brand new knitter and practicing the seed stitch on a solitary skein of a beautiful burnt-orange. For some reason I also decided to double strand. What came out of this is a beautiful, sturdy bag that I use to carry my knitting with me. I learned to seed stitch, to do a crochet seam and to feel the absolute pride each time I pull it out. Once I figure out how to post pictures here, I’ll include a pic of my beautiful (to me, I’m sentimental) knitting bag.

So between my now three projects, I have decided that my second sock will be done by tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment