Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Best Laid Plans…

Oh wouldn’t it be nice if I could make a goal and actually get it accomplished… Sock is not done and, although it’s only 8 pm and I plan to be up for a while, The Wrestler just came thru Netflix and I have a feeling my sock will have to wait for tomorrow. Sigh…

I actually applied at Michael’s the other day - meant to go in to follow up today, but the day got away from me. Wouldn’t that be the greatest job for me? While I may not have a ton of talent at crafting, I have lots of drive to learn. Imagine all the people I could get excited about learning with me! And think of lessons I could learn! And the discount! Oh please oh please oh please!

I’m feeling guilty because I haven’t talked to my mom much since my breakdown in November. We’re both super busy, but I really miss our 8 am daily chats! Even if just to say hi. Now I think I don’t call because I’m embarrassed about my breakdown and am so scared my whole family judges me less than favorably… Need to get over it and forgive myself, but easier said than done. My husband just emailed me an article in which it mentions a book coming out called “Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind,” by Kristen Nef, I need to get that!! If the title is accurate, that book was written for me! Heeyah!

The kids are fabulous. Beckett is such a little dude! He just tink-tinks around on his little feet, arms pumping him along. Adorable. And he’s been truly hugging back, not just laying in my arms. But actually holding on as if I am his safe harbor. It is beautiful!

And Siena - the girl is so smart and intuitive!! While watching an episode of the New Scooby Doo where Velma gives Shaggy a hard time for saying “like” all the time, Siena turned to us and said, “Why is Velma mad about that? It’s just his thing!” Um, she’s 4 ½ and understands that people have their things and it’s okay. Her mind and heart are just so beautiful…

Okay, sorry for that little break…

I actually have to jump - it’s movie time! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment