Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Day of Days...

Today was a Kindergarten check-up and 2-year well baby doctor’s appointment. Shots at both. Aye-carumba! Suprisingly, Beckett took it better than his big sister, but he didn’t also have to get blood drawn!! And I say surprisingly because it took 3! adults to manhandle him into position at the ophthalmologist’s office and a mere two days later (duh, Mom!) I took him to yet another appointment; this time some strange lady jabbed him in the leg with a needle after asking him to hang out in just his diaper for twenty minutes. Only a few shrieks and then he was back to playing…good boy! Siena on the other hand told the phlebotomist to “get that stuff away” from her!! And afterwards kept telling me how “horrible” it all was. She cracks me up!

On a good note, I did get one of my wraps done!!


It’s a faux-mobius wrap. I went with a faux-mobius rather than a true knit mobius just to get the idea down. I need to get an extender for my Harmony cable (!still so excited!) and then I have the perfect yarn to attempt a true mobius. Really can’t wait!! I practiced the Mobius Cast-On and to date it’s the easiest, fastest cast-on I’ve experienced. I’m just itching to try my new project!!

I abandoned my second wrap as just too boring and cast on a cute little roll-brimmed hat instead. I knit one for my daughter and have been meaning to make one for myself. The shape is kind of boxy with a ridge and a flat top which, with the right yarn, could actually work as a sunhat! I found some beautiful Alpaca in the bag of yarn my wonderful friend gave me for Christmas and it’s a go!! I’ll post pictures when it’s done which, with any luck, will be tomorrow!

Blogging is hard!! Writing is therapeutic, but putting it out there is extremely scary! If you enjoy reading this, would love to hear from you!!

Bathtime for the kiddos, must run. Talk soon!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So impressed with the knitting! I want one of those wraps.

    ReplyDelete