Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My 2-year old needs glasses?!

I mean, I didn’t realize they started them so early! But since it’s the best way to correct his lazy eye without surgery, of course I will try everything short of duct tape to get and keep those suckers on him!! I was really hoping the doctor would just prescribe drops or even a patch, but as he is the only Kaiser Pediatric Ophthalmologist in South Orange County, I’m going to assume that he knows better than me… But glasses are sooooo expensive!! My girlfriend did tell me that Sears has the prescription free for kids and cheap frames, so guess what we’re doing tomorrow!! Wish us luck!!

I got so much done today!! The weather was gorgeous, so I threw on a tank and shorts and cleaned my apartment from top to bottom - I even got my daughter’s fish tank done!! Those poor fish had no idea what they were in for when they came to my home, poor fellas.

So I FINALLY finished the socks, only to find that I had a dropped stitch somewhere in my gusset and as I don’t know how to fix this, I guess I get to start over!! They will be fabulous this time!! That last go was an re-introduction to sock knitting and I love the yarn so although I’m pretty bummed, I’ll still have fun working with that gorgeous yarn! Some people don’t like self-striping yarn, but I personally love it!! The heel turns out a little funky, but I like that!


To be honest, I am feeling rather discouraged with my knitting. I just don’t feel the inspiration I’m used to. Even with my new needles! Or maybe the problem that I’m not a fast enough knitter to keep up with my ideas. Or that I can rarely find time to devote to knitting when something else doesn’t need to be done. Whatever, I’m a tad frustrated. Grrrr… I now have to reknit the socks, I have another sock pattern I want to try, I have two wraps on the needles and I’d love to make a driving/newsboy cap and another bag for use as a summer purse. A good shot of outdoor play and maybe some window shopping for inspiration is just what the doctor ordered, I think!!


Bathtime for the little ones.

Talk soon! Hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment